The Marigaux 2001 model oboe is a professional conservatoire instrument.
Marigaux have been a leading manufacturer of high quality instruments in their French factory for over 85 years. Every instrument is hand finished by their experienced makers and fully tested and tuned by professional players before it leaves the factory. This attention to detail has made Marigaux oboes a popular choice for professional players.
The 2001 model oboe features redesigned keys to make them more ergonomic for the player. The G, G# and long F keys for the left hand and the C, C# and Eb keys for the right hand are re-positioned. This allows for greater technical fluency over the range of the instrument.
- Instrument made from Grenadilla wood (dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork
- Gold plated posts and reed well
- Full Conservatoire system keywork
- Semi-automatic octaves
- 3rd octave key (situated above the 1st octave key)
- Adjustable thumb rest
- Ergonomically designed G, G# and long F keys
- Adjustment screw for the D-ring to facilitate a D to G slide in the top octave
- Ergonomically designed C, C# and Eb keys
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Forked F vent
- Low B to C link
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Low Bb vent
- Re-shaped bell
- All necessary adjusting screws
- Instrument is supplied in a Marigaux case and case cover